Friday, September 25, 2009

The Calmer of Storms

Jesus Calms the Storm (Matthew 8:23-27)

I love this picture of Jesus calmly standing in the midst of the storm.  A lot of times when I face difficult situations, I face Jesus, kind of like how the disciples did, saying, “Do you see this?  Do you see what I’m going through?  I can’t make it through.  How come it seems like you’re not doing anything?  Are you aware that this is going on?”  And of course Jesus always knows and He responds, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?”  Why is it that when I face times of trials and tribulations that I am so afraid?  Jesus can squelch the storms of our lives with a simple word and bring complete calmness like he did in this passage.  Even if the storm is not immediately calmed, God promises to provide us with everything we need to do His will.  He is the Lord Almighty.  Why am I so afraid?

No comments:

Post a Comment